Are you available for volunteering on Monday mornings? We are actively searching for dedicated volunteers to help us with some of our water testing locations, especially in the East Hampton and North Fork areas. This citizen science program is important for informing beach-goers about safe water conditions at our recreational beaches. It’s also a great way to get out in nature, get your hands wet and provide important data to our community!
Blue Water Task Force Volunteers:
- Must be available to sample on Monday mornings, weekly in the summer, approximately 2-4 hours each week.
- Must be 18 or older, or have a parent or guardian accompanying each survey.
- Have reliable transportation and are comfortable traveling in East End summer traffic.
- Be able coordinate sample drop off in either Southold, North Sea or Hampton Bays.
- Have a general understanding of local water quality issues and interest in marine conservation.