Has Coronavirus cancelled your plans? Are you feeling a little lost? Are you looking for something fun and meaningful to do with your unexpected extra free time?
GO CLEAN THE BEACH!
Beach cleanups are a Surfrider Foundation program to tackle the ocean litter issue – primarily caused by plastic pollution – through education for action, citizen science, and campaigns. We are all part of the solution and together we can restore our coastlines, one beach at a time.
Join our Cabin Fever Beach Cleanup!
- Download a BEACH CLEANUP DATA SHEET here.
- Take It To The Beach With You And Be Sure To Fill It Out Completely. Don’t forget to weigh your bag, and include tallies of what you find.
- Email Your Completed Form To Volunteercoordinator@Easternli.Surfrider.Org
- . . . And We’ll Be Happy To Add Your Data To Surfrider’s Beach Cleanup Database!
Ready …. Set …. Go!
IMPORTANT SAFETY TIPS:
- Wear protective gloves, shoes and clothing.
- Use a “grabber” to pick up broken glass or sharp objects.
- Safety first, always.
- Use extreme caution when handling sharps or biohazards.
- Contact your local authorities to dispose of items like needles and biohazard bags.
- If you’re in doubt, don’t pick it up.
- Dispose of any trash in proper receptacles.
- Recycle when possible.
- Choose a safe, public location.
- Mind all “social distancing” recommendations from your local authorities.
- Take some pics of your clean up and tag us! @surfridereasternlongisland