Once again the National office is holding the Two Coasts, One Ocean Event in Montauk and Malibu this August with substantial portion of the proceeds going to the local Chapter. In return, the chapter is being asked to turn out volunteers to the event. A few items are also needed from vendors. They’ve been secured for money but any leads on donating or discounting them will be followed. Please read more for details. The event will be on August 13th at Eddie Ecker County Park in Montauk, from 6 to 9 PM. Learn more here and purchase tickets here. Tickets are $500 but people can earn a ticket by volunteering for 10 hours leading up to the event. Here are the volunteer opportunities.
July 20 to August 11 –
- Receive orders from Amazon – Take them to event-site or coordinate getting them to event-site with SF staff / return them to storage after event, 160 Long Lane in East Hampton.
Saturday August 13 –
- Set up & Site Cleanup – 10:00am – 2:00pm – need 5-10 volunteers to spruce up the park first, set up tables, chairs, & auction
- Registration / check in – 5:00 -7:00pm – need 4 volunteers to check in guests, preregister their credit cards for auction will be supervised and working with a Surfrider staff person
- Check out – 8:00 – 11:00pm – need 4 volunteers
- Silent Auction – 5:00 – 8:00pm – need 1 volunteer to answer questions about the silent auction / stand by the silent auction table
- Live auction / spotter – 4 volunteers approximate time – 8:00pm 1/2 hour job
- Clean-up and dispose of garbage post-event – 4 volunteers – 9:00pm
Those who put in 10 hours of volunteer time leading up to this event, including help the day of, will earn a ticket to the event. This is a $500 value.
Vendor items needed, donated or discounted.
-Boho style tablecloths
-Vases (clear glass)
-Votives (clear glass)