Our chapter relies on YOU, our members, in order to keep running our events! Each event needs volunteers in order to run smoothly and continue to maintain a good standard of quality and fun.
The events for 2009 are about to start, and we need help to make sure that they happen.
So far we have:
- Interscholastic Surf Contest (May 30 / Rain Date 31st)
- International Surfing Day (June 20)
- Barefoot Beach Cleanup And Afterparty (July)
- Annual Surf Movie Night (August 5)
Volunteers are needed for things like:
- Actual event planning (helping us find venues for events such as cleanups and parties)
- Manning the Surfrider table for a small shift to give out information and sign up new members. This is actually pretty easy, and we’ll give you the 5-10 minutes of training you’ll need.
- Posting advertising fliers in your hometown for events
- Sell raffle tickets at certain events
- Taking tickets/donations at the door
- And anything else you might have in mind to help out
If you only want to spent 30-45 minutes manning a table at an event, that’s perfect. If you want to help plan a beach cleanup or party, even better.
Please let us know if you’re interested in helping out!
Email the Chapter’s Volunteer Coordinator Volunteercoordinator@easternli.surfrider.org